background

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Updates and more

Hello friends! I know it's been a while since I've blogged and I have no excuses.....I'm just busy! And then I decide I'm going to blog, but then forget and so on.....

Anyways, things here on the home front are good. Baby is growing and growing and is very healthy; so far it has been a healthy pregnancy, especially now that the constant morning sickness is OVER! We are all set and scheduled for a C-section on Wednesday April 22nd, unless our little bean decides to come early, but I don't see that happening :D I'm starting to get really excited about having a newborn around the house again and I'm looking forward to all those days of maternity leave and being home with the boys. BUT, I'm really going to miss work!

Isn't that crazy? I absolutely LOVE my job! Well, there are parts I don't like so well, but for the most part? I have such a good job! I work with awesome people and we have a good time and we really help people. I'm going to be sad to be gone for awhile, but I know I have to come back!
**Note: while I was typing this very blog, Dr. Bill came to my desk (which was a surprise, as I usually don't see him at all on Tuesdays) and we chatted for a minute and he asked me what I was doing and I of course replied that I was blogging. He laughed and said okay.....How can you NOT love a boss like that?!?

Shane is doing very, very well. I make no promises, but I'll try to get some new pictures of his handsome face posted soon either here or on FaceBook. He looks so much better than those scary day-after photos. There is some scarring, but it's barely noticeable at this point... I must say, too, I never pictured myself as a van mom, but I absolutely LOVE the van! I love to drive it, I love to ride in it, I love to see it in the parking lot at the end of my work day. I'm totally converted!

Kaitlyn is also doing good. She just got back last night from a week in Maryland where she is doing a drug study for a new cancer drug. So far, she really seems to be doing well with it; no bad side effects and she's actually told us that her lungs aren't bothering her as much as they used to. She goes back on March 15th with her dad, but they'll only be gone overnight. They fly in on Sunday and back home Monday night, so that will be good.

All in all, we're doing just fine! Lots going on, lots to get ready for, but we're just happy to be where we are and doing what we're doing :D

Love to you all!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I am glad that everyone is doing well! But a van person? We need to talk!