background

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

In loving memory.....


Our dancing angel, Kaitlyn Mariah Adams, returned home to her Heavenly Father on April 12, 2010 at the age of 16 after a courageous 5 year battle with cancer. She was born in Salt Lake City on February 12, 1994 to Shane Adams and Carolyn Horne-Adams. Kaitlyn lived to dance and was a member of the Taylorsville High School Chirons drill team and served as its sophomore representative this past year. She fulfilled her dream this past March by performing a solo, one that she choreographed, at the National Competition in New York City. She received a 100% score for attitude and showmanship and a standing ovation. Kaitlyn was an inspiration to everyone who knew her. She always had a positive attitude and strong will. She was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Kaitlyn is survived by her mother, Carolyn Horne-Adams, father and stepmother, Shane and Amy Adams, sister, Shannon, brothers, Jaxton, Hayden and Jake, all of Kearns. Grandparents Chris and Kathy Horne of Kearns, Robert and Karen Adams of Taylorsville, Nyle and Julie Robinson of Nephi, great-grandparents Ken and Phyllis Ingram and Ann Denece Robinson all of Nephi, her two best friends that never left her side, McKenzie and Zandalee and many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.

Funeral services will be held Friday April 16, 2010 at 11:00am at the Bennion Heights 5th Ward, 5775 South, 2700 West, Taylorsville, Utah. A viewing will be held Thursday April 15, 2010 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm at Redwood Memorial Mortuary , 6500 South Redwood Road and one hour prior to services at the church. Interment will be at the Redwood Memorial Cemetery at 6500 South Redwood Road following services.

A memorial fund as been established in Kaitlyn's name at Cyprus Credit Union.

We'll miss you, sweet girl, until we meet again..........

11 comments:

Malaree said...

She is absolutely beautiful inside and out... We are thinking of you all and praying for you. May God wrap you in his arms and offer His comfort.

Jen said...

I'm thinking about you guys, you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Love you Amy!

Mollie and Jason said...

I am thinking about you lots Amy. I am so sorry. We all love you and are praying for you guys. XoXo

The Coffer's said...

BIG HUG from me to you. Thinkn' about ya!

Amber said...

I am so sorry Amy! She is in a much better place now! I love you!

Nuvia 3 said...

This is just heartbreaking. I just cried after grandma called. I'm so sorry for your loss. We will see you on Friday.

Ariel said...

I am so sorry Amy! I have been thinking about you and your family a lot. Love you!

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

OH AMY!!! What a beautiful girl. I'm so sorry. I didn't know her and I haven't seen you in forever. BUT when I heard on Face Book I wanted to find out what happened. I want to tell you that when I did finally figure it out it was late at night. Even though I didn't know her she touched my life. I realized how precious life is. You NEVER know what is going to happen and when. I do know that I wanted to cry. I went and hugged and loved on my babies. Of course they were asleep--but SHE has made me not take on second of my babies for grantied. I'm so sorry for your loss and can't imagine how your family is hurting right now. But thank you Kaitlyn for being a wonderful example to me and to you for sharing that with me.

Zack said...

Ha pasado mucho tiempo sin verte, y quiso estar contigo en tus ultimos momentos, pero yo se que te vas a hacer muchos grandes cosas en la vida venidera. Que Dios te bendiga! te quiero Kaity! - God Bless!

Amy Roper said...

Hi Amy,
My son Jackson goes to T-ville High School. I have heard alot about Kaitlin. I am so sorry to hear about your loss and this devastation! Kaitlin is a true hero and has impacted so many! She is a true inspiration! After reading about her on Facebook and reading her obituary, I realized that I know you. I grew up in Levan. My maiden name is Mangelson. You are the age of my sister, Emilee. I just wanted you and your sweet family to know that I have been thinking of you so much and praying for you to be comforted at this time. I hope you can find peace and joy by remembering the pleasant times you spent together as a family. I am so very sorry for your loss!
With much sympathy-
Amy Mangelson Roper

Trish said...

Been thinking about you lots and hope your doing better. It seems like yesterday you and the girls were in the salon getting all beautified. So glad I had a small moment to get to know Kaitlyn and see what a sweetheart she was. Your in my prayers and I love you.