background

Monday, January 31, 2011

Okay, okay, I'll blog!!

This is going to be a long post.....

Yes, I know. I'm not working right now, so I should be able to blog EVERY day, right? Um, well....first I couldn't blog every day, because I don't have enough to say every day to blog. And secondly, I've had bad luck with the laptop lately!! New Year's Eve morning, the hard drive crashed....AGAIN! I took it in and it took them just over 10 days to "fix" it. By fix it, I mean they forgot they had it, lost the power cord, and finally because I called every day to ask if it was fixed, they "couldn't" transfer old hard drive data to new hard drive and didn't restore all the correct programs. Highly frustrated with the shop right now, but every time I drive by or call, it's the same guy that I don't like there. Sooooooooo, just hoping that I'll get lucky one of these days and one of the good guys will be there. In the meantime, if any of my loyal readers (all three of you....) know someone or someplace that might be able to look at transferring data from one hard drive to another, let me know. The day after I got Ruby (the laptop) back from the computer guys, the kids and dog are running around and tipped the end table over. She fell, landing at a baaaaaaddddd angle. Kinda like in Wayne's World when Garth falls on his keys? Anywho, laptop was plugged in, fell and landed on the edge where the plug was and cracked the bottom housing....which involved an all expenses-paid trip via FedEx to the Dell repair shop! Which took another couple weeks and then she finally arrived home last week. Which was good, my Farmville Farm was looking neglected......

What's new and exciting here? Weeeeeelllllllll...Shane FINALLY got approved for shift change, M-F, no more weekends and off by 3:30pm :) I'm thrilled! No more long Sundays, no more "hurry and eat, it's bedtime!" and just all-around more time for me and the kids to spend with Shane! He's thrilled because now I'll let him coach Little League again! Last year he volunteered to coach Jax's team (at signups in February, before Convergys laid him off) and by the time the season rolled around, he had a new job at Wells Fargo and a crummy work schedule and missed half of the week day games! I told him afterwards that if he didn't have a better work schedule this summer, he couldn't coach. Of course, signups are this coming Saturday and the change got approved Thursday.....
Next, Carolyn and Shane agreed to swap visitation days with Shannon. Works out MUCH better because Carolyn bowls on Tuesdays (one of her visitation days) and Young Women's in our ward is on Tuesday nights, so now Shannon will be with us on Mondays and Tuesdays, she can go to YW's every week, Carolyn can bowl without leaving Shan somewhere and weekends won't change. Win-win-win for all.

The boys remain the same :) Growing, learning, beating up on each other and totally addicted to the Wii and Nintendo. Jake is learning lots of new words every day and is quickly entering that terrible two stage! Jaxton starts wrestling in a couple weeks and Hayden is FURIOUS because he wants to wrestle too, but he has to be four and he's just not old enough yet! Poor little man, he's so ready to play all these sports that Jax plays, but he has a summer birthday and has to wait one more year!

I'm still not working. I really should find a part time job; I need to get out of the house! Luckily Shane and I are doing okay financially and I can stay home right now, but I kinda would like the adult interaction!

And lastly, I may be starting another blog.....more of just a fun blog, mostly about my opinions on everything and anything and not so much about my fam :) If I do that I'll keep you (all three of you) posted!

Anyways...all is well here, I'll try to blog more but otherwise if you wanna know what's new, check me out on Facebook!

Love ya all....

2 comments:

Mollie and Jason said...

Hi Amy!!! I am glad to see that you are doing well. I miss you!

Ariel said...

Amy I am glad everything is going good! I miss you. We should do something soon