background

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Jake's Blessing Day!


Okay, I know I'm horribly biased, but how cute is that face?!?! We had Jake's blessing today and he was so good all day! He knew it was all about him and he is a little attention hog! All those grandmas and aunts fawning over him?? Forget it! He's 3 months old and already knows how to work the ladies! After church, everybody came over to the house and we had yummy waffles (thanks Mom and Nichole!) and yummy fruit (thanks Grandma Karen!) and ham (thanks Grandma Phyllis!) and everyone got to visit and watch the kids run around and it was so wonderful! My Grandma Ann (Dad's mom) had never been to my house before and so it was nice to show her around and then her, Dad and Marci took the "Memory Lane" tour over past their old houses in Kearns and the little league field where my Dad spent almost all his free time as a young lad. But the most random thing happened in Sacrament! Today our ward was doing a program of music and stories to celebrate our pioneer heritage (which was absolutely wondeful!). They had gathered pioneer stories from people in the ward to share, which I thought was awesome. The very last story told was shared by our friend Brother Steve Bingham and after the meeting ended, Gram asked me to point him out, so I did and she shocked me to my shoes by saying that the story was about one of our relatives! She has a copy of it in her personal history books and Brother Bingham is actually my relative! How and where and why I'm not sure just yet, but how's that for random? But I'm so glad that we chose to bless Jake today so that Grandma Ann was with us, otherwise, I would never have known about this connection in my ward. Isn't it amazing how things work?

It was such a wonderful day! I wish my brother and his fam could've made it, but beyond that, the day was almost perfect! And so ends another busy weekend and begins another busy week.

Have fun and be safe out there my friends! Love to you all!

No comments: