background

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A new old thing

Hello friends! Today I felt ambitious and did something I've wanted to do for a while now. I decided it was time to delete my MySpace account. Does this make me a grown-up? Anyways...I never use it, I don't like it, I'm totally addicted to Facebook and I like blogging here better! But, being not quite as tech-tricky-savvy as I'd like to be, I couldn't figure out how to import the MySpace blog into here! Is there a way? Anyway, doesn't matter as I just printed it off and then deleted my account. I read through it and remembered something that I used to do that I'm gonna start doing again. I used to blog about 5 blessings or things I was grateful for about every day or every other day. There were gaps, of course, but reading those old "Blessing Blogs" reminded me that there are lots of little things in my life I'm grateful for every day. And it's not always the big stuff! Sometimes it as simple as comfy shoes, a yummy Slurpee or a great joke. I don't always have the time or inclination to BLOG every day, but I usually have 5 or 10 minutes to jot a quick note. Sooooooo, that's my goal. I'll still blog when I can and want to, but I'm going to try to post a "Blessing Blog" every day.

So for today, I'm grateful for:

1. Amy--who brought me a yummy Slurpee for no reason! It made my whole afternoon.

2. My job-I can never say this too often, but I work with some of the best, nicest, coolest people on this planet and I LOVE MY JOB.

3. Corn on the cob--it's just not summertime without it!

4. T-ball--the best, cheapest entertainment you can ask for.

5. Facebook--I know, some of you are thinking, "blessing? really?" but I adore Facebook. I've been able to reconnect with old friends, keep up with friends and family and turn acquaintances into friends. Never underestimate the positive power of friendship--no matter how far away you are from a friend, being connected through any means can only make things better :D

Good night my friends, sleep well, be safe.

1 comment:

Ariel said...

Look at us being all grown up, I deleted MYspace too. I am also very addicted to Facebook. Ah facebook where would we be without it.