background

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Blogging on a Saturday night

Hello my friends. Here we are on a Saturday night. After a very, VERY long day of "nesting" activities, Shane and I are rewarding ourselves by laying in our most comfy spots (He's stretched out on the couch, I'm kicked back in the recliner with my feet up) and watching the Jazz play Phoenix. We recorded the game (I hate commercials) so we just watch, fast forward when necessary, rewind, or pause as needed.

We worked so hard today! Okay, so Shane worked harder than me, but we got a lot done and still have a lot to do tomorrow. I don't remember being this CONSUMED with nesting with my last two pregnancies. I don't know if that's because both times I knew we were moving soon after, or if it's because I have my own house now.

I woke up about 8am this morning, and being so efficient last night, already had my grocery list made out. After breakfast I went to the store while my sweet man stayed home, fed the boys and scrubbed the kitchen. Once we got groceries put away it was time to start on bedrooms. I was going to go crazy with clorox wipes and furniture polish, scrubbing down the cradle, baby's dresser and the furniture in my room and Shane was going to "help" the boys clean out the toys, shoes and other junk in the bottom of their closet. Got done with that and, I admit, I needed a little nappy. So we took a break and had lunch and I slept for a bit while Shane watched some NCAA games. After break time, we got back to work downstairs in the office/scrapbook room.

Now, most of you know how much I love to scrapbook and I have a room all set up downstairs for this purpose. It's been a while since I've done any "serious" scrapbooking and I've been mostly sick and uncomfortable for the last 8 months, so I haven't really used the office in awhile. Now, my plan (har, har) is that I should be able to start doing some scrappin' when I am no longer pregnant and uncomfortable, but I went down to the office the other day to put some new scrapbook stuff away and I could NOT believe the mess! Now, I partly blame myself, because I had essentially abandoned the place and really, the only person who uses the office is Kaitlyn. Shane goes down for a bit every day to check email and pay bills, but Kati is in there a lot doing homework and using the computer; and evidently, all my scrapper supplies for whatever! Things had gotten way out of control and so today, Shane and I went down to clean it out.

At this point, we're about halfway done; there was just so much to go through, and because of all this "nesting" I wanted to shampoo the carpet in there and we needed to go through the filing cabinets and there was just no way to finish it all today. We have to finish that tomorrow and then get the upstairs ready for carpet cleaners to come on Monday morning. After this weekend, some big things on my "before baby comes" list will be done. Next weekend we've got to get all the other baby gear out of the storage shed to be scrubbed down and put away. So fun and exciting! I suppose it's a good thing I've still got some days left before this baby is scheduled to arrive :D

Good night friends, I hope you are enjoying your weekend :D

No comments: