background

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Comfort is a myth at this point.....

Hello my friends. Here we are, another day at work. My work is done and now I'm just waiting for it to be 4:30pm so I can go home.

I'm afraid I've reached that stage of pregnancy where true comfort is a myth. I'm fairly certain now that Baby has had a growth spurt and is feeling cramped in his warm quarters. In particular he likes to kick (or headbutt) into my right rib cage, causing me to stop occasionally and catch my breath. At the end of the day, my lower back is a little sore and my ankles are generally swollen. But, I have also reached the stage of pregnancy when Baby gets the hiccups :D Which is one of my favorite parts. He had hiccups today for almost a half hour and it was really funny.

I've also reached that stage of pregnancy where I am panicking. After our little adventure at the hospital last week, I realized that I am absolutely not ready for this baby! I have NOTHING! I think I was lulled into complacency by the fact that I have millions of hand-me-down boy clothes-both from my boys and my nephews-but Baby needs some of his own things! I have not bought him ANY new clothes; I have bought NO diapers; I have NO BLANKET to bring him home from the hospital in! I'm such a slacker! Baby doesn't even have a dresser of his own-not that there's anything to put in it.... So, now I am looking at ads for dressers and keeping my eyes open for yard sales; if anyone has a dresser they need to part with (preferably tall with 4 or 5 drawers), talk to me, okay? I have to go to Nephi and get the cradle, get the car seat out and wash it, find the base, wash the swing, find the Boppy and wash it, etc., etc., etc.! Wow, there's so much to do and I only have 49 and a half days...

I'm so ready to not be pregnant, but I'm so NOT ready to have a baby in the house.....

1 comment:

Amber said...

Park City Outlet Stores are calling your name, you got shopping to do!!! I am sorry about all of your pain, but I hear that it's worth it in the end!