background

Sunday, April 19, 2009

It's really spring!

Hello my friends! Here it is, Sunday and it's been a gorgeous spring weekend. Yesterday was a busy day, but fun (mostly). Shane's aunt took a bad fall this week and she's in the hospital. We went to visit her and took the kids. She's okay, but it's going to take a lot of time for her to be back to normal. So, we're sending good thoughts to her.

Before we went to the hospital it was Jax's first t-ball game! Now, I LOVE t-ball; it's a riot and the kids are just so cute! Jax's team is the Zebras (how funny is that! The kids picked the name) and they have the bright slime green shirts, as Jaxton calls them. They play on the fields behind the Olympic Oval out in Kearns.

It was about what you could expect for t-ball; all the kids run to wherever the ball is, nobody remembers to run to first base after they hit; sometimes the kid hitting the ball would then chase the ball into the outfield. It was a scream! The weather wasn't too bad, a little windy, a little crisp, but nice.

Jax loves t-ball, he gets right out there, hits the ball, he chases the ball. It's so fun to see!

It was pretty interesting to sit there at the ballpark. It hit me when a plane flew over head on its way to SL International that I've spent a lot of Saturdays, in Salt Lake, at a ballpark, with the planes flying overhead. Sometimes it was blistering hot, sometimes it was very cold, but it was always fun! It just seemed to me an odd sort of symmtery that as child I watched my dad at the ballpark and now I'm 31 years old and I'm still at the ballpark on a Saturday with planes flying low overhead and now I'm watching my son play ball. Ever since we've moved here, both Dad and I have been struck with the fact that he spent the first part of his life within blocks of where I'm raising my family now. Sometimes it's a strange old life.
Anyhow, that's what we did yesterday. Obviously, there's no baby news and at this point I don't expect anything to happen until Wednesday, right on schedule! So, my blogger friends, make sure you check in with us Wednesday morning! I promise to update and post pictures as soon as I can. Until then, enjoy this gorgeous weather and get outside! Love you all!






1 comment:

Trish said...

I hope to see you before we leave. We probably wont be moving until the first part of September. You know you are always welcome to stop by when you are down this way and you can even get a haircut when you come. I would love to see you and I hope you are doing great with the baby. luv ya