background

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

How many people does it take to feed a newborn?

Evidently at our house it takes one mommy and two big brothers....
Mostly it's okay, but sometimes the boys fight over who's "turn" it is. And then things get a little wild and Mom has to break it up and take a "turn" all by herself so that Jakers gets fed! Jax is pretty good at it; he knows how to hold the bottle steady and he always asks, "Does he need a burp yet Mom?" Hayden mostly likes to help because Jax is helping, but he gets distracted pretty easily and then the bottle falls out. Hayden does better when Jax isn't around to fight over it with.
So far, both boys are adjusting fairly well to having Jake at home. I wasn't really worried about Jaxton adjusting; with him I was more worried about him being "overly helpful" and trying to pick Jake up by himself or change him, but so far he's been really good. I was really worried that Hayden would have a hard time not being the baby any more. I'm sure there's going to be bumps in the road, but so far, Hayden is pretty good. As previously documented, he likes to help feed Jake and he likes to give him his binkie and he'll run to get a diaper or a blanket, which of course he fights with Jaxton over! He even does pretty good with being "soft" with baby. He likes to come over and give Jake a kiss on the head and the he gets so excited and he'll point and say to whoever is around "Baby!"
So, second "normal" day at home things are going okay. I feel pretty good; sometimes too good! I start in on doing laundry or cleaning stuff up and then realize I'm hurting. Last night I went for a walk (just down the street a couple blocks) and I got so frustrated that I was winded and hurting. Shane had to remind me that although I'm not pregnant any more, I did have surgery less than a week ago! And I can't overdo because then I'll really be down and unable to function. So, we agreed that I will do what I can, but when I get tired or start to feel sore, I stop and rest. Laundry will get done, the house will get cleaned, the little "projects" I want to get done while I'm home will get done, but it doesn't all need to be done this instant. It's more important that I'm okay and the boys are all taken care of!
All in all, things are good, even the waking up at 2 or 4 in the morning to feed and rock my sweet son.
Love you all!

2 comments:

Amber said...

So when is the next baby coming? HAHA!

Trish said...

Oh he is so cute! I still can't believe you have another baby. YES I am going to be around on Tuesday and I would love to see you. Call me and I will tell you how to get here. Love to see you.